1.16.2015

At Home Date Night

I have been looking forward to Friday all week. My hubby is home for the next two days and we have a couple big projects around the house to do (including taking down our Christmas décor… eesh!). 

We were planning to go out with friends for dinner and a show tonight but Ryan had to work late and we were forced to cancel at the last minute. This being said I had a couple extra hours to prepare dinner and I thought I’d go for something a little out of the norm for us. Chicken or ground turkey are out typical meats of choice and we are always saying we need to try to make something different… which brings us to tonight! I made pork chops with a peach, rosemary, and sage honey glaze. I originally found a similar recipe on Michaela Noelle. I made a couple tweaks to the recipe and it is definitely going to be a repeat in our house. One big thing we enjoyed was the addition of our Sage Honey from Happy Girls Kitchen Co. in Northern California. We order this honey online and always have it stocked. Its an amazing addition to hot water with lemon or hot tea or of course a dish like this!



Ingredients:
Olive oil to coat pan
pork chops (I used 10oz chops each)
¼ C white wine
2 TBS honey
2-3 peaches diced
2 sprigs rosemary
2 TBS unsalted butter
salt and pepper to taste

 

1.    In a sauté pan large enough to hold both pork chops with plenty of room, add olive oil and warm. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Add to pan and cook covered on medium for 5 minutes


2.    Flip chops, re cover and cook about 10 minutes longer (internal temp should be about 145 you just don’t want them too tough so use your judgment)
3.    Remove from pan and cover with foil. Set aside
4.    Pour white wine in pan and scrape bottom of pan
5.    Stir in honey


6.    Boil mixture about 2 minutes
7.    Add peaches and rosemary to pan and simmer until peaches soft


8.    Turn off heat and add butter (I added slightly less than 2 TBS because it looked the way I wanted it to but again, its your preference)
9.    Serve with veggies (and potatoes for my husband) and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment