1.20.2015

My Winter Skincare Routine

I love to try new beauty products for my extremely sensitive and mostly dry skin. I had the opportunity to work in a cosmetics department for a few years and my passion for skincare grew from there.

While I’m always on the hunt for a good product to introduce to my skin, I have a few staples that are my go-to products. Each new season, I have to slightly alter my regimen for the changing weather, but for the most part I am completely in love with my routine. Below you’ll see my most used products right now and why I love them!



1.    Nar’s Skincare Aqua Luminous Mask… I love masks and am always looking for great, hydrating, gentle masks. I am new to Nar’s Skincare but am definitely impressed thus far. My skin is easily irritated and I’ve found this mask to be an amazing solution. I do not like to leave masks on overnight so ideally I use this mask at night when we are watching a movie and can leave it on for 1-2 hours. When I rinse off I can immediately feel a difference.  




2.    Nar’s Optimal Brightening Concentrate… Like I mentioned, I have dry skin and struggle with my skins overall balance. Sometimes my skin appears oily and really it’s just my skin trying to overproduce oil to compensate for dryness. I found this product to really help balance my skin out! It feels amazing under make up and makes my make up last and look great all day and night long. I am extremely impressed with this concentrate!


3.    Shiseido Ultimune… I originally heard of this product on Gal Meets Glam and thought I’d check it out next time I was in Nordstrom. I am so glad I did! This is another product I feel helps balance my skin. I apply only at night and feel as though I’m giving my skin vitamins. It has helped with overall tone. I’ve noticed my skin is a little brighter and smoother. In general I feel like it’s given me a little glow even during the winter months!


4.    Fresh’s Rose Hydrating Eye Gel Cream… The consistency of this eye gel is really nice. It feels so soothing on my skin. I am a huge fan of this brand in general and this is one of their newer products I’m loving right now. I have noticed the area around my eyes is a little brighter. I don’t suffer from dark circles but definitely have a little darker tone around my eyes. This product is just thick enough for me and the consistency is great under makeup!


5.    Fresh’s Sugar Lip Serum… When I first bought this product I used it only at night and really liked how hydrated my lips felt. I used it under my Sugar Lip chap stick. Now I use it under lipstick to.


6.    Clarins Blue Orchid Face Oil… I am obsessed with this oil! It has literally been a life changer for me. My skin adores this oil. It is so soothing for my dryness and really makes a huge difference in how my make up stays on. It absorbs really nicely into my skin and makes a world of difference in the tone of my skin. So much less irritation and more pure hydration! If you need more of a skin detox for acne or oiliness I would use the Lotus Oil from Clarins instead. 


7.    Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector… I love this lip product alone or under my lipstick. It’s nice and hydrating and not sticky at all! I love this color so I use it alone mostly but its great for both!


8.    EOSLipbalm… Who doesn’t love these?! I even layer it under lipstick for my lighter colors.



9.    Clarisonic… Okay, so this is a tool, not necessarily a product. However, this is a major staple for me in my skincare routine. I use this about every other night if not more. I use the gentle brush heads and am constantly amazed at how much softer and brighter my skin feels. So many people have an opinion about exfoliation (which this can be a form of exfoliating), especially if they have dry skin and to that I say you have to do what works for you. For me, this is a key step in clearing off my makeup from deep down in my skin, as well as overall gentle striping away that layer of crud on my skin. I am sure to follow up with a hydrating oil (see above) and I feel like my skin benefits more from the oil after I use my Clarisonic.



10.   RitualsMiracle Hand Scrub… Since I was really little I’ve dealt with my knuckles cracking ever winter. I originally got this scrub in a Glossybox and have been hooked ever since. It’s a very gentle scrub, which, lets face it, is exactly what you need when you have cracked or irritated hands. I use it about twice a week before bed and really love how smooth my hands feel afterward!



2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried NARS skincare products yet, but they sound pretty great and the packaging is so chic!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so pretty?! I'm definitely new to Nars but so far (I've been using it for a little over a month) I'm super impressed! Let me know if you end up trying anything and how you like it!

      Thanks for stopping by Lauren!
      XO

      Delete